The Performance Audit is the perfect way to identify Performance and Maintenance hot spots on a production system. It is especially effective when combined with an configuration and systems review such as the the Audit and Tune.
We achieve this by examining all kinds of system indicators, from information collected by monitoring tools and logs to the database statistics. Based on this data, we make suggestions about PostgreSQL configuration and query performance.
To perform the audit effectively, we need some extra information about the target system, particularly, whether there are monitoring tools available on the target system and how can we access the data collected. We would like you to turn on log_min_duration_statement, setting it to the duration that is considered slow for your queries (if not sure, set it to 1s), making sure that logs are stored on the target system for examination. Generally, any kind of additional information about existing performance issues can be useful to us.
As a result, we deliver a detailed report, highlighting the issues discovered during audit with the suggestions on how to fix them and improve overall database performance.
The price for the performance audit of a single machine is $3495.00.
What does our plan cover?
A performance audit has the following included in the plan:
- Analyze information from system monitoring tools, such as sar, iostat or vmstat
- Examine table and index bloat
- Check system-wise and per-table autovacuum settings
- Check the logs for errors and warnings
- Identify and examine slow queries
- Check wal/checkpoints for performance bottlenecks
- Provide recommendations for optimization of your 10 slowest queries